Thursday, April 17, 2008

Spring Has Sprung!

It's been slow going around here as both my husband and I have been suffering from back problems for the past six months. Nothing was done out in the flower beds last fall and I didn't start any seeds over the winter months. I did bring in some plants from outside, mainly daylilies, but a couple of other things had survived the summer so they rode out the winter in our unheated sunroom. Those have all been moved outside and are thriving. I do have a serious infestation of aphids and tomorrow plan on taking a trip to the feed store to buy ladybugs.

Here's what's blooming in my yard right now.

Texas Gold Columbine is blooming like crazy! They've been blooming continuously for about the past month and I'm so pleased with them.












It's hard to believe, but the plants are even loaded down with more blooms than in this last picture! Now I'm waiting for them to put out seeds so I can harvest them.

The May Night Salvia in the full sun bed in the front is growing and blooming like mad! I just love the rich purple blooms. The bees like them, too, and are all over it!





I'll be back with more later, but right now, dinner calls!!

No comments: