Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Harvest Basket


Shortly after the garden started to take off, we figured out we needed something to put our harvest in. I found this basket, which I've had for eons, and decided it was the perfect basket to hold our "haul". It's had many uses in its life, so I knew it was up to the task. It's a hand-made wooden basket. I watched the basketmaker weave baskets similar to this one and I love it! It's easy to wash when it gets dirty. I just hang it in the shower and let the water run over it. When the water runs clear from the bottom of the basket, it's clean. Then I just leave it hanging in the shower to dry. We have another basket that is just a tad bit bigger that we sometimes use if we have lots to harvest. So far, the only thing this basket hasn't been able to hold is our watermelon! Here's today's harvest:


Just the cherry tomatoes:

No comments: