Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A Stroll Through the Gardens Today

It was an absolutely perfect day today, after the rain and hail moved out of the area. The temperature was in the 70s, the sun was shining, there was a bit of a breeze, and all was well in my world. Around mid-day, I took a stroll through my gardens to see what was going on and what was coming back to life, what weeds needed to be pulled (got a bumper crop this year!), and what new seeds had sprouted in my winter sowing jugs. Here are a few, okay many, pics from my little excursion.

My winter sown jugs of tomatoes and bell peppers.

A strawberry bloom on one of the strawberry plants the DH dug out of the bed leftover from last year.

Radish seedlings poking up. I planted these last week. :>)

Found this bird's nest in our holly bush! Not sure if it's currently in use or not.

Jug eyeball! Those are self-heal sprouts in there!

A baby toad lily! I just planted these last year, 1 little plant in 4 different places in the front bed. I've already got at least 2 new sprout on each plant!

This Brazos Penstemon has doubled in size over the winter. I have a total of 6 of these and they've already started producing clumps. Yippee!

One of my May Night Salvias coming back from the dead. I was really thinking I'd lost these this winter.

Poppies! Need I say more?

John Fanick Phlox. I only had one measly little stem on this last year and already I see about 3 or 4 stems!

No comments: