Wednesday, May 9, 2007

The Rains Have Come & Brought Visitors

It feels like we've had more rain in the past 3 weeks than we had all last year!! The air is very heavy and humid, the ground is saturated, and my seedlings have all but drowned. What hasn't drowned has been destroyed by pests.

This bug showed up out of the blue, stayed for a couple of days, and I haven't seen him since. He didn't do much damage, if any.


Hosted on Fotki


This guy's been doing a number on my shasta daisies, the tall Mexican Petunias I transplanted from my front flower bed, as well as the French Hollyhocks I moved from the front flower bed.


Hosted on Fotki


We've released some trichogramma wasps to help control pests and sprayed some beneficial nematodes on the yard to help with fleas, ticks, and grubs.

No comments: